Friday, October 30, 2015

Blog 29: Rhetorical Analysis Reflection

               After writing my rhetorical analysis and reflecting on the process, I learned that drafting is very important for my writing process. When I wrote my analysis, I started out with a broad thesis. As I moved from my first draft to my next one, my thesis and my paper became more specific. A solution that would avoid this would be for me to do more specific pre-writing or outlining. That way I could catch it earlier. If I do that then I will be able to focus on changing other things when it comes to drafting. Overall I believe that this paper is more successful than my last paper. A reason why is that I used much more analysis. On the previous paper I had a lot of summary and I didn't try to persuade or analyze as much. For the rhetorical analysis I added multiple analysis points throughout each paragraph. Every idea I presented was analyzed.
                  From writing this rhetorical analysis, I learned that being able to rhetorically analyze a situation is essential for any successful argument. You can have the best evidence and data but if you present it to the wrong audience in the wrong context, then it will have the same affect as using made up data. They could not have any idea about what is going on or just not want to listen. This applies to my engineering class because at the end of the year we will be having to give a presentation. To have a successful presentation I will have to analyze who my audience is so that I can convey my information the proper way. It would not be smart to use acronyms if my audience doesn't have the same knowledge level on the topic. The acronyms won't mean anything to them. Rhetorical analysis of a situation goes beyond just writing papers for english class.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f1/Kitten_and_partial_reflection_in_mirror.jpg/1014px-Kitten_and_partial_reflection_in_mirror.jpg

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you that being able to analyze a situation to determine the needed rhetorics is very important. Although, it does occasionally frustrate me that people sometimes look down on an argument because of the way it is present.

    ReplyDelete