Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Blog Post 38: Reflective Essay Organizing Ideas and Thesis

Thesis 1:
Through continually practicing rhetorical analysis, not only my analysis skills but my critical thinking skills have improved due to peer reviewing other's papers, viewing new types of text, and using new techniques when going through text.


Thesis 2:
In past english classes I would write one draft and have no specific audience in mind besides the “general audience”, but after a semester in english 109H I have learned the value of drafting, many new techniques for pre-writing, and how important a specific audience is to the success and clarity of a paper.


Thesis 3:
After one semester of college english, I have developed many new strengths from practice and learning new strategies, but I still have weaknesses that need to be addressed.


Thesis 4:
Over the course of the semester the three class goals that I have made strides towards achieving are rhetorical awareness, critical thinking and composing, and reflections and revisions through learning new methods and techniques and practice.


Thesis 5:
My writing process has greatly improved this semester due to tools and skills such as clusters and outlines, but some areas I still need to address are revising papers and avoiding procrastination.



SOAPSTone:
S: The speaker is me
O: The occasion is that the semester is ending and I am reflecting on what I have learned
A: My audience for this paper is Dr. Bell and maybe my english 109H class
P: The purpose is to explain what I have learned over the course of the semester
S: The subject is the learning I have had over the semester
Tone: Mastery

No comments:

Post a Comment